UCSB Science Line
Sponge Spicules Nerve Cells Galaxy Abalone Shell Nickel Succinate X-ray Lens Lupine
UCSB Science Line
How it Works
Ask a Question
Search Topics
Our Scientists
Science Links
Contact Information
I am trying to find a device that will function essentially as a four pole switch that will toggle itself 8000 time a second, with throughput of about 5 amps and voltage of about 40 volts. Also if the frequency of the device can be changed, possibly by hooking it up to different oscillators, that would be a bonus. What is this device called and where could I get one or build one? Thank you.
Question Date: 2007-03-21
Answer 1:

I suggest you to go to an electronics hardware shop and ask someone that works there for a power switch with the characteristics that you are mentioning here.

The best thing you can do is try to purchase this device instead of making it, unless you know about electronics, and you are very familiar working with it.

Click Here to return to the search form.

University of California, Santa Barbara Materials Research Laboratory National Science Foundation
This program is co-sponsored by the National Science Foundation and UCSB School-University Partnerships
Copyright © 2017 The Regents of the University of California,
All Rights Reserved.
UCSB Terms of Use