UCSB Science Line
Sponge Spicules Nerve Cells Galaxy Abalone Shell Nickel Succinate X-ray Lens Lupine
UCSB Science Line
How it Works
Ask a Question
Search Topics
Our Scientists
Science Links
Contact Information
What are scientists who study fossils called?
Question Date: 2007-07-16
Answer 1:

They're called Paleontologists, the coolest scientists around!

Answer 2:

They are called Paleontologists. At UCSB, we have 3 faculties who study fossils. Bruce Tiffney studies fossilized plants, Andy Wyss studies fossilized rodents from South America and Susannah Porter studies very old fossils of single cell creatures. (Very small!!)

Answer 3:

They are called Paleontologists, sometimes they are called Geobiologists. Scientists who study the POSSIBILITY of life on other planets are called Astrobiologists.

Answer 4:

Paleontologists (pay-lee-on-tah-low-jehst) study fossils. Geologists (they typically study rocks) might also study fossils.

Click Here to return to the search form.

University of California, Santa Barbara Materials Research Laboratory National Science Foundation
This program is co-sponsored by the National Science Foundation and UCSB School-University Partnerships
Copyright © 2020 The Regents of the University of California,
All Rights Reserved.
UCSB Terms of Use