Chlorine is poisonous. This is why the
of chlorine cleans things: it kills bacteria and
algae that would otherwise soil them.
Fortunately for us, our bodies are so large
relative to bacteria that the small amounts of
chlorine that we are exposed to isn't enough to
do us any permanent harm. However, if the only
water you had available for you to drink were,
say, swimming pool water, you would eventually
poison yourself to death.
Chlorine is corrosive to most materials,
by being acid. However, some things, like glass,
are pretty much immune to the corrosive effects
Click Here to return to the search form.